Shortened MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HaoChengRen

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all.

I just finished my junior year and will be applying at the end of the next school year. This summer I am taking the MCAT. I just registered for a date in mid-August, since seats were filling up fast, and I discovered that the MCAT will be shortened from 7 hours 30 minutes seated time to 5 hours 45 minutes. Would this affect how adcoms view scores from these dates? No, right?

Theoretically, scores on this version should reflect what students would have obtained on the full test, so there shouldn't be any issues?

I was just curious because it's not like I have to take the MCAT in August, but this was my plan all along and it would be most convenient for me to do it then. Also strange that my exam time is 6 PM as opposed to the traditional 6:30 AM. Also, we are required to wear a face mask throughout the exam. Crazy stuff!!

Members don't see this ad.

I can’t answer with too much knowledge but:
- I don’t see why AAMC would do this if they think these scores are weaker.
- Med schools would be in trouble if a large portion of the applicants are “weak” or whatever because of this

Reactions: 1 user
Hey y'all.

I just finished my junior year and will be applying at the end of the next school year. This summer I am taking the MCAT. I just registered for a date in mid-August, since seats were filling up fast, and I discovered that the MCAT will be shortened from 7 hours 30 minutes seated time to 5 hours 45 minutes. Would this affect how adcoms view scores from these dates? No, right?

Theoretically, scores on this version should reflect what students would have obtained on the full test, so there shouldn't be any issues?

I was just curious because it's not like I have to take the MCAT in August, but this was my plan all along and it would be most convenient for me to do it then. Also strange that my exam time is 6 PM as opposed to the traditional 6:30 AM. Also, we are required to wear a face mask throughout the exam. Crazy stuff!!
Do you have a choice?
We're not going to care.

Do NOT take this exam until you are 100% ready. If you wear glasses, put some antifogging agent on them

Reactions: 1 user