Should I add more?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gallodeportiva

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, so I'd appreciate any comments on my mdapps about whether or not I should add/remove any schools. I already have 17, which seems like a bit much, but I'm not sure if any stick out as bad matches, or if I'm missing any that would be good fits. I'm an NJ resident, and both UMDNJ's are top choices, so let me know what you think!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone, so I'd appreciate any comments on my mdapps about whether or not I should add/remove any schools. I already have 17, which seems like a bit much, but I'm not sure if any stick out as bad matches, or if I'm missing any that would be good fits. I'm an NJ resident, and both UMDNJ's are top choices, so let me know what you think!

Is your actual cGPA and bcpm GPA both 4.0? If you so, I think you are in good shape.

Best of luck :luck::luck::luck::luck:

I would get rid of SC and add something a little more OOS friendly. You could also add a few top tiers with that GPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would get rid of SC and add something a little more OOS friendly. You could also add a few top tiers with that GPA.

I have solid "close ties" to USC, so that's the only reason why it's on there, otherwise I'd probably have no shot, haha. Thanks for the advice, I'm thinking of adding Emory because of their inclination toward public health, so we'll see!

I agree on dropping SC. Maybe MD too? What about VT instead?

I wouldn't add upper tier schools, however, because of your MCAT (which is a-ok :thumbup:, but not high enough to risk the $$ and time to apply, imo). If you want to add more schools I'd look at mid to lower tiers that you'd be happy at. I don't know much about your coast (haha), but what about U of VT? Nice and friendly to out of staters.

I agree on dropping SC. Maybe MD too? What about VT instead?

I wouldn't add upper tier schools, however, because of your MCAT (which is a-ok :thumbup:, but not high enough to risk the $$ and time to apply, imo). If you want to add more schools I'd look at mid to lower tiers that you'd be happy at. I don't know much about your coast (haha), but what about U of VT? Nice and friendly to out of staters.

Good call on VT - I honestly had never considered it until now (I thought I pretty much had the Northeast covered, haha). I agree with you on the upper-tiers issue, I may add one that's really in-line with my interests, but since UMDNJ is essentially my first choice anyway I'm not sure how much sense it makes to add much tougher schools.

On my MDApps you asked about Emory and Pitt. I think both would be good reach schools for you.

You could also add Drexel, Penn State, and maybe even UPenn (as a reach) since you're applying to some Penn schools anyway.