should I apply as ________???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nextyearrx

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi guys,

I am graduating this June and I want to know what will be the best position for me to apply as?

Should I apply as a pharmacist or intern (Pharmacist intern)?? The reason I am asking is I am confused about the definition of intern ????

Will I get paid as pharmacy intern??

🙂
 
hi guys,

I am graduating this June and I want to know what will be the best position for me to apply as?

Should I apply as a pharmacist or intern (Pharmacist intern)?? The reason I am asking is I am confused about the definition of intern ????

Will I get paid as pharmacy intern??

🙂

It just basically means the transition until you pass your NAPLEX and law exam. Once you pass you will transition into a pharmacist. It depends on the company if they have that type of bridging system.
 
You 're not a pharmacist until you pass your Naplex /MPJE and get a license number issued by your respective Board of Pharmacy.

Intern: means a person who is enrolled in a professional degree program of a Board-approved school or college of pharmacy, licensed by the board to engage in the practice of pharmacy, and satisfactorily progressing toward meeting the requirements for licensure as a pharmacist.

I got this definition from the State of Colorado Board of Pharmacy Rules

If you get hired as an intern, your pay rate will increased once you become a RPH ( Registed Pharmacist )
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So my question is, I am graduating in June 2013🙂, should I apply as an intern or pharmacist at cvs.com/walgreens.com???
 
I thought you become a Pharmacist when you graduate and then a "Registered Pharmacist" when you get licensed. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't your degree entitle you to being a "Pharmacist"?
 
So my question is, I am graduating in June 2013🙂, should I apply as an intern or pharmacist at cvs.com/walgreens.com???

You apply as a pharmacist. They ask for your graduation date on the form. If you have to ask about this, then I assume you didn't work during school, so applying online with 0 experience is basically useless anyway... It'd be better for you to speak to a real person... Ask your friends for contacts...
 
You apply as a pharmacist. They ask for your graduation date on the form. If you have to ask about this, then I assume you didn't work during school, so applying online with 0 experience is basically useless anyway... It'd be better for you to speak to a real person... Ask your friends for contacts...

I did my APPE Rptations at CVS and Walgreens both.🙂
How much will it be helpful to me ???