• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

pharmster

10+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
I need some friendly advise on whether or not i should apply to ACP. I keep reading horrible things about this school. I am worried that i am going to waist my time and money (poor college student) applying because its so damn hard to get accepted. I only applied to one other school, LECOM. I emailed ACP the other day and they said they still have seats available. Here are my stats...

GPA: 3.88
Science GPA: 4.0 (including Organic Chemistry I & II)
Total credits: 90
30 hrs pharmacy intern
5+ hrs week volunteer for last 4 years (mainly red cross)

Any insight would be very much appreciated. Thanks guys!

KellyBean

10+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2007
In the middle of nowhere
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
It's hard to tell with Albany because I've seen people that got rejected with that same stats and people got accepted with lower stats. I guess the only way to really know is to try. I guess you didn't take the PCAT, so there aren't many schools you can apply, but don't put all your eggs in one basket. $100 is nothing compared to wasting another year.

pharmhopeful

10+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
$100 is nothing compared to wasting another year.

Amen.

BTW--My stats are about the same, except much less pharm experience and I was accepted (as long as I get Bs or better in my last 2 prereq classes) I think you have a good chance!

....but wait, I think I have a lot more credits total. Oh well,I still think you should go for it!

About the Ads

comet81

10+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I need some friendly advise on whether or not i should apply to ACP. I keep reading horrible things about this school. I am worried that i am going to waist my time and money (poor college student) applying because its so damn hard to get accepted. I only applied to one other school, LECOM. I emailed ACP the other day and they said they still have seats available. Here are my stats...

GPA: 3.88
Science GPA: 4.0 (including Organic Chemistry I & II)
Total credits: 90
30 hrs pharmacy intern
5+ hrs week volunteer for last 4 years (mainly red cross)

Any insight would be very much appreciated. Thanks guys!

My friend applied Albany about a week ago and depositted the application fee by phone. About two days later, she got rejection letter. She has master degree (not even bachelor degree) and research experience at NIH. Fortunately, she got accepted into Buffalo and St. Johns but she told me that she regretted applying there. They will take only oney from you.

bradleyowens

10+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I would apply, your stats beat me and i got accepted. I also was accepted to LECOM, but I am going ACP because more of the profs have Pharm D/PhD's instead of just a pharm D. It is nice to know the people teaching you are also doing active, genuine research in the field they are teaching.

pharmster

10+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
Thanks guys!

Im just going to apply. Its funny how i have a better chance of getting into a graduate program at an ivy league school then ACPs PharmD program. :cool:

If i dont get into a pharmD program im just going to go to law school. I wouldn't want to waste my 172 LSAT score...:D

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.