should I apply this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rahaf

Reaction score
Hello SDN,

Date of submission: Aug 20, 2023
Overall GPA: 3.542
Science GPA: 3.74
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.65
DAT score (include AA and all sections): Second attempt scores
PAT: 20
QR: 17
RC: 15
BIO: 25
GC: 15
OC: 19
Total science: 19
AA:18
State of Residence: New Jersey

Undergrad Attended: Ocean county college, The college of New Jersey.
Major: biology
Minority?
No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No
Shadowing Experience and Volunteering Experience: 50 hours general dentist, 170 hours orthodontist.
Employment: No
Research: No
Other Extracurriculars: Mock interview, volunteer at the college of new jersey 2 hours. 40hours volunteering at primary physician. volentering community services 50 hours.
Have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at any dental schools? I explained above.
Relevant Honors or Awards:
I graduated with 4.0gpa from Ocean county college, and I was on the dean list for two semesters at the college of New Jersey.
LOR type and strength: I have seven, one from a orthodontist, a general dentist, public speaking professor, biochem professor, Entomology professor, physics professor, and from the chair of biology department at the college of New Jersey.
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: First generation. English is my fourth language, High school diploma from Malaysia and I'm a mom.
School list:
Boston, Columbia, Rutgers, NYU, Stoneybrook, UPENN,Temple, Maryland, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, touro, virgina, West Virginia, Connecticut, Tufts.
Please let me know If there is a better school that fit my status?
I know I can do better than that on the DAT but unfortunately my computer was glitching alot. I filled a report and I’m still waiting for a response. Do you think I should apply with these scores or should I retake the test? If I retake can I still apply this cycle or I will be very late?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello SDN,

Date of submission: Aug 20, 2023
Overall GPA: 3.542
Science GPA: 3.74
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.65
DAT score (include AA and all sections): Second attempt scores
QR: 17
RC: 15
BIO: 25
GC: 15
OC: 19
Total science: 19
AA:18
State of Residence: New Jersey

Undergrad Attended: Ocean county college, The college of New Jersey.
Major: biology
Minority?
No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No
Shadowing Experience and Volunteering Experience: 50 hours general dentist, 170 hours orthodontist.
Employment: No
Research: No
Other Extracurriculars: Mock interview, volunteer at the college of new jersey 2 hours. 40hours volunteering at primary physician. volentering community services 50 hours.
Have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at any dental schools? I explained above.
Relevant Honors or Awards:
I graduated with 4.0gpa from Ocean county college, and I was on the dean list for two semesters at the college of New Jersey.
LOR type and strength: I have seven, one from a orthodontist, a general dentist, public speaking professor, biochem professor, Entomology professor, physics professor, and from the chair of biology department at the college of New Jersey.
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: First generation. English is my fourth language, High school diploma from Malaysia and I'm a mom.
School list:
Boston, Columbia, Rutgers, NYU, Stoneybrook, UPENN, Maryland, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, touro, virgina, West Virginia, Connecticut, Tufts.
Please let me know If there is a better school that fit my status?
I know I can do better than that on the DAT but unfortunately my computer was glitching alot. I filled a report and I’m still waiting for a response. Do you think I should apply with these scores or should I retake the test? If I retake can I still apply this cycle or I will be very late?
UPenn and Columbia are pretty huge reaches...

I don't see the PAT scores, but chances are you need to retake. Be serious about your third shot. If your computer was glitchy, you should have voided.

Swap
Temple, not Penn.
Drop Columbia until you get DAT with 20s across the board.
BU not West Virginia

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't see the PAT scores, but chances are you need to retake. Be serious about your third shot. If your computer was glitchy, you should have voided.

Swap
Temple, not Penn.
Drop Columbia until you get DAT with 20s across the board.
BU not West Virginia
PAT:20
if I retake it will I be able to still apply this cycle?