Should I apply this June?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dhudez

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So by the time I graduate (Spring 2018).....

Major:
Psychology

oGPA:

sGPA:
3.3ish (Brought this up substantially)

DAT:
Will be taking in January. Can't really say what I will score, but I am hoping for at least a 20.

Shadowing:
I have a good amount of shadowing hours (Around 100) and I am working on getting more.

Volunteering:
I need to get some volunteering done, I am looking into opportunities.

Research:
I have a good amount of Neuroscience research under my belt.
Currently working on a project, will be presenting at a conference in April.
Also will be obtaining volunteer hours because next semester since I will be a volunteer RA.

Other ECs:
Currently an officer in the pre-dental club, potential to become VP of the club next semester.
Also a member of the undergraduate research club. We are working on a project and hoping to get published in April.

Letters of Rec:
I already know my research professor will write me a great letter, and I know 2 dentists that are active members on the board of my state school that will write good letters. Need to find a couple of science professors that will write a letter.

Work: Planning on working as a dental assistant in my gap year to get some experience in the dental field.

So my question is, should I just go straight into masters program? I know my GPA isn't terrible or anything but I was thinking maybe I should go for my masters in Neuroscience or Public Health to increase my chances a little? I really want to get into my state school. What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Oh and by sGPA I meant just BCP. My bad.

I'd say you should try. Put a lot of work into the DAT, try and get some solid volunteering done (look for long term opportunities that have you go in once a week or something). If money is no problem then try and apply broadly and EARLY! Best of Luck!