Should I apply to more DO schools? 25MD/5DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SpaceHamsterBoo

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Stats are (by aacomas)
3.54/3.45 GPA
510 MCAT

Schools:
KCUMB
NYITCOM
ROWAN
LECOM
PCOM

Members don't see this ad.

Oh lawd them fees

Reactions: 1 user
YES YES YES.
Your stats are good, slightly above average for DO but you need to apply a bit more broadly. You could get into an excellent DO program with those stats. I'd add Michigan State, Des Moines, Nova, CCOM, AZCOM, the costal Touros, and ATSU to your list.

You have no business applying to both Rowan and NYIT unless you're somehow both a legal NJ and NY resident. They both have VERY strong in-state preferences, and typically only interview top out of state candidates. Rowan has slightly less preference, but still, the only out-of-state people I know who got into either school went MD.

Your stats are pretty borderline for MD, unless you're URM. AAMC puts your chances of being admitted at 48%. That's not great.

Members don't see this ad :)
YES YES YES.
Your stats are good, slightly above average for DO but you need to apply a bit more broadly. You could get into an excellent DO program with those stats. I'd add Michigan State, Des Moines, Nova, CCOM, AZCOM, the costal Touros, and ATSU to your list.

You have no business applying to both Rowan and NYIT unless you're somehow both a legal NJ and NY resident. They both have VERY strong in-state preferences, and typically only interview top out of state candidates. Rowan has slightly less preference, but still, the only out-of-state people I know who got into either school went MD.

Your stats are pretty borderline for MD, unless you're URM. AAMC puts your chances of being admitted at 48%. That's not great.

I was a NY and NJ resident for 5+ years and have family ties. I'll apply to more schools, thank you!

I was a NY and NJ resident for 5+ years and have family ties. I'll apply to more schools, thank you!

Yes, but my point is that you'll have to put a state of residence on your AACOMAS app. Having lived in a state previously does not help you. I used to be a NY resident a few years, NYIT admissions said it didn't count.

Although I'd rather be at Rowan than NYCOM any day. They're both great, but Rowan is an exceptional school.

Yes, but my point is that you'll have to put a state of residence on your AACOMAS app. Having lived in a state previously does not help you. I used to be a NY resident a few years, NYIT admissions said it didn't count.

Ahhh...that's stupid. I'll apply to AZCOM, NSUCOM, LECOM-B, UNECOM.

Yes, because your GPAs are < avg for MD schools, unless you live in a lucky state. You're fine for any DO school. Suggest adding UNECOM if you live in the NE, VCOM, MUCOM, CCOM, KCOM, Nova, PCOM-GA

Stats are (by aacomas)
3.54/3.45 GPA
510 MCAT

Schools:
KCUMB
NYITCOM
ROWAN
LECOM
PCOM