Should I apply with a D+ in Orgo I?? (PLEASE HELP)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TiredStudent101

Reaction score
Hey everyone! So I need some advice. I messed up during my undergraduate courses and received a D+ in Orgo 1,2 and Biochem.

I did a DIY post bacc and retook biochem and Orgo 2 (Both As), however because of the pandemic the org 1 class I planned to take was dropped. My GPA shows an upward trend (from 2.5-3.01) and also took alternate classes (Microbio) during my DIY post bacc.. With this in mind, should I apply with the D+ in Orgo I?

Please help!

Members don't see this ad.

It's to my knowledge most med schools have a cutoff for pre-reqs at a C/2.0.

I think you might need an actual post bacc as your gpa isn’t even really close... especially with D’s in arguably the most important prereqs.

Hey everyone! So I need some advice. I messed up during my undergraduate courses and received a D+ in Orgo 1,2 and Biochem.

I did a DIY post bacc and retook biochem and Orgo 2 (Both As), however because of the pandemic the org 1 class I planned to take was dropped. My GPA shows an upward trend (from 2.5-3.01) and also took alternate classes (Microbio) during my DIY post bacc.. With this in mind, should I apply with the D+ in Orgo I?

Please help!
Honestly, no. Why didn't you address Organic Chem first?

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user