should i apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nsag

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just finished my third year as an undergrad student in biology.
I'm taking the DAT soon but what am I supposed to aim for with the following GPA scores:

Overall: 2.937
Science: 3.208
BCP: 2.745
Non-science: 3.533
BCP + Science: 2.893

I repeated a course though and inserted both grades. Whenever I remove my lower grade, the overall average changes to a 3.0.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Just finished my third year as an undergrad student in biology.
I'm taking the DAT soon but what am I supposed to aim for with the following GPA scores:

Overall: 2.937
Science: 3.208
BCP: 2.745
Non-science: 3.533
BCP + Science: 2.893

I repeated a course though and inserted both grades. Whenever I remove my lower grade, the overall average changes to a 3.0.

Thanks!
Dental school will count both grades toward GPA calculation.

Unless you score very high on the DAT (23/24+), don't apply this year. Focus on doing well your fourth year then apply after you graduate.

Dental school will count both grades toward GPA calculation.

Unless you score very high on the DAT (23/24+), don't apply this year. Focus on doing well your fourth year then apply after you graduate.
Thank you, that was really helpful!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to note that a 23+ is around the 99th percentile. People throw this out there like its so easy and normal to do. There are other ways to improve your application like LORs, extracurriculars, shadowing, and private statement. You might even have to do a postbacc/masters.

Reactions: 1 user
If we're being realistic here, your GPA is way too low. I'd recommend a SMP or a post-bac like the above poster stated. A very high DAT score can only offset your GPA by so much.