Should I apply now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

huiuu

Reaction score
So long story short, one of the science professors who promised to write me a LOR is currently ghosting me for a month. Currently, I have 4 LOR (1 from the dentist, 1 from my PI, also a dentist, 1 from a science professor, and 1 from a liberal arts professor). I do know a lot of schools require at least 2 letters from science professors, but my top school does not. So I'm debating whether I should apply to my top school for now. Would having just 3 letters of rec risks my chance?

Members don't see this ad.

So long story short, one of the science professors who promised to write me a LOR is currently ghosting me for a month. Currently, I have 4 LOR (1 from the dentist, 1 from my PI, also a dentist, 1 from a science professor, and 1 from a liberal arts professor). I do know a lot of schools require at least 2 letters from science professors, but my top school does not. So I'm debating whether I should apply to my top school for now. Would having just 3 letters of rec risks my chance?
The hard part would be that if you apply now, the 5th letter writer would have to personally send their letter to every school you apply to. So you’d have to make sure they understand that, reach out to every school you apply to to make sure it’s okay and to what email the letter writer has to send it to. Logistically it would be a little cumbersome but if it has to be done then you know what you gotta do.

Sorry about the LOR ghosting you, I know that must be really frustrating

The hard part would be that if you apply now, the 5th letter writer would have to personally send their letter to every school you apply to. So you’d have to make sure they understand that, reach out to every school you apply to to make sure it’s okay and to what email the letter writer has to send it to. Logistically it would be a little cumbersome but if it has to be done then you know what you gotta do.

Sorry about the LOR ghosting you, I know that must be really frustrating
What if I only upload 3 LOR and apply now, can I upload one more after that?