Should I back out of Animal Nutrition or not??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buggymanatee

Oregon State c/o 2021
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Soooo I am currently enrolled in Animal Nutrition through OkState. I intended to complete it as part of my UF prerequisite coursework, but they rejected me during this cycle. Since I have not sent in the first assignment yet, I can still get a refund for the course and get my money back. I just don't know what to do because none of the schools that accepted me or waitlisted me require Animal Nutrition, but I indicated that I PLANNED on taking it during Spring 2017 on my VMCAS application....

Guys, what do I do? :arghh:

I just would rather not pay extra money for a course that I no longer need.

Members don't see this ad.

Soooo I am currently enrolled in Animal Nutrition through OkState. I intended to complete it as part of my UF prerequisite coursework, but they rejected me during this cycle. Since I have not sent in the first assignment yet, I can still get a refund for the course and get my money back. I just don't know what to do because none of the schools that accepted me or waitlisted me require Animal Nutrition, but I indicated that I PLANNED on taking it during Spring 2017 on my VMCAS application....

Where have you been accepted? Is it a pre-req for the school you got accepted from?

If it's not a required class schools won't care that you've dropped it, don't stress.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)

call the schools and ask them. I would think they wouldn't have a problem with you dropping it if its not a prereq, but best to check with them to be safe

Reactions: 1 user
Where have you been accepted? Is it a pre-req for the school you got accepted from?
Accepted to Oregon State and LMU, plus alternate list at Georgia. None of them require it. I just don't want it to become an issue in the future if I choose to get my money back. I will probably end up calling the schools and asking.

call the schools and ask them. I would think they wouldn't have a problem with you dropping it if its not a prereq, but best to check with them to be safe
Thank you!! I will call them tomorrow morning to check.

I would love the money back, and also I would rather not rush through the course during Spring.

I indicated on vmcas that I planned to take both animal nutrition and an additional english course (I was one unit shy, dang quarter system!!) but got into and accepted a school that I didnt need those for. I just sent in a copy of my transcript and they didnt question it, so hopefully it will be similar for you.

I indicated on vmcas that I planned to take both animal nutrition and an additional english course (I was one unit shy, dang quarter system!!) but got into and accepted a school that I didnt need those for. I just sent in a copy of my transcript and they didnt question it, so hopefully it will be similar for you.
I hope so! Thank you