should i bother sending LOIs?

Started by ironhill
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ironhill

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is it too late in the game to send LOIs? there are a number of schools I have not yet heard from... I applied rather late and do not have outstanding stats (my gpa was fine but my mcat was below par). should i spend the time writing LOIs now or should I not bother? please advise! 🙂
 
well, letters of interest cost about 39 cents per each school, while reapplying is what, about $200 per school? are you going to wonder 'what if' if you don't spend that 39 cents per school?
 
I dont think LOIs work pre-interview... but im not an adcomm and thats just hearsay.

If you do decide to send them, make sure you're sending them to schools that are still interviewing (many have just stopped or will stop in a few weeks and thus have no open slots left)