• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

ironhill

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
is it too late in the game to send LOIs? there are a number of schools I have not yet heard from... I applied rather late and do not have outstanding stats (my gpa was fine but my mcat was below par). should i spend the time writing LOIs now or should I not bother? please advise! :)

Doctor~Detroit

this poll sux!!!
10+ Year Member
May 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
well, letters of interest cost about 39 cents per each school, while reapplying is what, about $200 per school? are you going to wonder 'what if' if you don't spend that 39 cents per school?

Stolenspatulas

10+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I dont think LOIs work pre-interview... but im not an adcomm and thats just hearsay.

If you do decide to send them, make sure you're sending them to schools that are still interviewing (many have just stopped or will stop in a few weeks and thus have no open slots left)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.