Should I bother with doing a PharmD/MBA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theobserver17

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school offers a joint degree (PharmD/MBA). I could start taking some business classes now that will allow me to finish both within 6 years. I'm looking at either going into geriatrics/long-term care or managed care. Is it worth the trouble getting the MBA or will it not make a huge difference in the two specialties I mentioned?

Members don't see this ad.

My school offers a joint degree (PharmD/MBA). I could start taking some business classes now that will allow me to finish both within 6 years. I'm looking at either going into geriatrics/long-term care or managed care. Is it worth the trouble getting the MBA or will it not make a huge difference in the two specialties I mentioned?
I feel like it might open up more job opportunities or give you an edge over others when applying for jobs. Just make sure you have work experience to back up your MBA.

There's a thread about this in the pharmacy forum. I think the title is "Best masters with a PharmD"

My number 1 choice offers 4/5 dual degrees and I was thinking of doing the PharmD/MPH but after reading their replies I don't think I will. Basically they all agreed that if it's not included in the cost of tuition, don't do it.

Agreed with above, it's not worth it if its not included in the cost of tuition.