Should I bring this up in an interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrinceOfPersia0

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Right now I live in the dorm of this university that is close to the medical school I want to go to. Should I tell them that me being so close to a medical school gives me medical experience?! I mean I can see it from out of my window...

Members don't see this ad.

Sure, why not. Sarah Palin can see Russia from her window and that makes her a foreign policy expert.

Troll-Doll-troll-dolls-1353693-396-566.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Right now I live in the dorm of this university that is close to the medical school I want to go to. Should I tell them that me being so close to a medical school gives me medical experience?! I mean I can see it from out of my window...

Um no. All you have experience with is the location. I wouldn't try to pretend your address gives you more insight than that. Medical experience is not something you absorb by proximity.

Funny joke though, if you are doing the Palin bit.

corny but i still :laugh:'d

My neighbor is a doctor, so I credited the hours I spent playing in his yard as a kid as an EC. Over 10,000 hours, bitches!

you probably don't even need to go to medical school since you can just see one from your house. you should schedule your first surgery.

Just as a check, people realize that Sarah Palin didn't actually say she could see Russia from her house right?

If people want to use that joke that is great, it was funny, but it was Tina Fey that said it, not Sarah Palin...

Members don't see this ad :)
Just as a check, people realize that Sarah Palin didn't actually say she could see Russia from her house right?

If people want to use that joke that is great, it was funny, but it was Tina Fey that said it, not Sarah Palin...

Yeah, it wasn't a quote by her, but when she was first announced and people asked about her foreign policy experience, one of the answers that came out of th McCain camp had to do with Alaska's proximity to Russia.

I remember this because it almost made sense to me. I thought "Oh wow, I guess she must've organized some fishing treaty with Russia over the ajoining waters or something." I was pretty disappointed when it turned out to be BS. I think that's why Tina Fey's quote was so hilarious.

OP, this joke is played out. Someone is already quoted in a signature for saying the same thing.

Do I need to change my siggy, Bacchus Puppy? :(

I didn't know it was played out...

Yeah, it wasn't a quote by her, but when she was first announced and people asked about her foreign policy experience, one of the answers that came out of th McCain camp had to do with Alaska's proximity to Russia.

I remember this because it almost made sense to me. I thought "Oh wow, I guess she must've organized some fishing treaty with Russia over the ajoining waters or something." I was pretty disappointed when it turned out to be BS. I think that's why Tina Fey's quote was so hilarious.

:thumbup:

Sarah Palin's idiotic statements will bring me joy and laughter for aeons.

Do I need to change my siggy, Bacchus Puppy? :(

I didn't know it was played out...

:thumbup:

Sarah Palin's idiotic statements will bring me joy and laughter for aeons.

Well Joe Biden makes way more idiotic comments than Sarah Palin, so we'll be sure to be entertained for the next four years...

Obama isn't too bad himself either, like he said he's now the president of all our "58 states"...

Sure, why not. Sarah Palin can see Russia from her window and that makes her a foreign policy expert.

flawless first reply
:scared:

Well Joe Biden makes way more idiotic comments than Sarah Palin, so we'll be sure to be entertained for the next four years...
The only one to come close to Palin on the hilarity scale is Bush.

This is a must-watch. And it's not what you all think...
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07kO9TtHYzQ[/YOUTUBE]

dude, wth...DRJD
sarah palin DID say that in one of her interviews and debates i think. not sure about the debates, but im sure about the interview. that's the sole reason why fey said it.

palin is seriously out of it...im so glad ppl looked past the tina fey glasses and nice bod to see she was the biggest mistake the GOP could make.

The only one to come close to Palin on the hilarity scale is Bush.

This is a must-watch. And it's not what you all think...
[youtube]07kO9TtHYzQ[/youtube]

that video is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!

Obama isn't too bad himself either, like he said he's now the president of all our "58 states"...

Please, there's a difference between misquoting something or stumbling because you're exhausted and just being outright low on the intelligence scale. Obama and Biden are intelligent men with JD's. Sarah Palin = short bus material & a 6-year-5-college-journalism degree. :laugh:

For example, you probably aren't an idiot, but you just misquoted Obama's slip-up. He said he visited 57 states when he actually had visited 47. I attribute your slip-up to your exhaustion. ;)

Uh, it's just REALLY weird.

I have to admit, though, I was surprised.
I take it you don't remember the Terry Tate Reebok commercials? Best Super Bowl commercial of all time. Go to You Tube, type in Terry Tate, and enjoy.