should i call my situation a crisis?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bbf84cool

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody, I need suggestions/advice on my situation. I am in molecular biochemistry class this semester and I am working 30+ hours as a pharmacy tech at walgreens. I am schedule to take pcat in october, and between work and school i feel tired and not motivated to study for pcat. Has anybody done well in pcat studying for only month and half??? I also want to know how many hours a day should i study for pcat?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everybody, I need suggestions/advice on my situation. I am in molecular biochemistry class this semester and I am working 30+ hours as a pharmacy tech at walgreens. I am schedule to take pcat in october, and between work and school i feel tired and not motivated to study for pcat. Has anybody done well in pcat studying for only month and half??? I also want to know how many hours a day should i study for pcat?

well...i am now working as pharm tech and got a new other job last week..but i thought i wont make it ...fall classes and pharm tech so i said sorry for the new offer...well if its your first time i hear this exam need good preparation..what schools are you applying for

Hi...I felt the same way so I took it in August. I work 25-30 hrs a week as a pharmacy tech and I am taking physics, calculus, and a&p 2. Not to mention I commute an hour to school 3 days a week. So I know where your coming from with no motivation! From my experience with the PCAT that I took in August...I found some of it very difficult. I thought the math and biology was hard. You really need to dedicate yourself to studying for this test. I studied about 2 hours a night for about a month. Not sure if my input has helped any but I thought I would throw it out there. Good Luck!

well...i am now working as pharm tech and got a new other job last week..but i thought i wont make it ...fall classes and pharm tech so i said sorry for the new offer...well if its your first time i hear this exam need good preparation..what schools are you applying for

Thank you for your valuable input. Well i am from Texas, and i am applying to Texas Tech, University of Texas and Houstan. I am also thinking about New Mexico and Oklahoma...

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your valuable input. Well i am from Texas, and i am applying to Texas Tech, University of Texas and Houstan. I am also thinking about New Mexico and Oklahoma...

your welcome...i just registered for the exam in chicago...it will be my first time in october..i hope i will not obliged to chooose the no score option..i want to apply for uic and midwestern

OU is the best. Boomer Sooner, BABY!!!!

OU is the best. Boomer Sooner, BABY!!!!

Yeah baby! Free gas, generous test drives of Lexuses, and a job where you don't have to show up but you still get paid = greatness.:D

How many credit hours are you taking? Hopefully, it shouldn't be too much as you work more.

Study time varies between people. Even some people with high academic credentials need some time while others can work with 1.5 months. Do note that you are essentially reviewing a minimum of four courses if not more in that time period. At the bare minimum, you should at least study 1-2 hours a day so that you give yourself a refresher while trying to create a little retention of class materials.