Should I contact PD??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

P Thouars

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question:

Couple's matching this year. My partner received a "ranked to match" email from our first choice. I have not heard anything from Med/Peds.

We have already emailed our respective programs telling them they are #1. Is there anything else I should do? Should I contact my program and let them know about this communication? Should I assume the two programs are talking to each other?

Thanks!

PT

Members don't see this ad.

I would hold off. You aleady told them they are your #1. I'm not sure what you would say to them in your email.

Quick question:

Couple's matching this year. My partner received a "ranked to match" email from our first choice. I have not heard anything from Med/Peds.

We have already emailed our respective programs telling them they are #1. Is there anything else I should do? Should I contact my program and let them know about this communication? Should I assume the two programs are talking to each other?

Thanks!

PT

At this point in time, most programs have already finalized their rank list or have already submitted them. I doubt anything you say over the phone or in a letter will dramatically change your position on the rank list (although if you keep pestering the program, the PD and program coordinator might just drop you down on the rank list for being crazy)

Quick question:

Thanks!

PT

No, No, and No.
Just chill out.

-AT.