Should I continue the application cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TinyRickkkkkkkkk

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just received my MCAT score today: 127/124/129/129 (509 total.) With my CARS inconsistency, should I continue to apply this cycle? Currently, my application is "ready for review," and I've started prewriting secondaries.

Additional information: 3.64 cGPA and 3.55 sGPA with a slight upward trend; first generation college graduate from a working class family; white male; well-balanced extracurriculars, including 2000+ patient contact hours, one year of biomedical research (started on one project and ended the year on three projects) w/ possibility of future publication, and 300 volunteer hours w/ disadvantaged populations. Honest thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Moderator tags: @Goro @gyngyn @LizzyM

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, keep the application going. See goro's post earlier today for a good school list for your stats.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone,

I just received my MCAT score today: 127/124/129/129 (509 total.) With my CARS inconsistency, should I continue to apply this cycle? Currently, my application is "ready for review," and I've started prewriting secondaries.

Additional information: 3.64 cGPA and 3.55 sGPA with a slight upward trend; first generation college graduate from a working class family; white male; well-balanced extracurriculars, including 2000+ patient contact hours, one year of biomedical research (started on one project and ended the year on three projects) w/ possibility of future publication, and 300 volunteer hours w/ disadvantaged populations. Honest thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Moderator tags: @Goro @gyngyn @LizzyM
You're fine...let's see your list

You're fine...let's see your list

These are the schools I had in mind thus far (also, applying to Colorado, Oregon and Hawaii bc of SO's ethnicity and choice PhD programs):

Albany
Geisinger
Drexel
George Wash
Temple
Loyola
MCW and UW-Madison (in-state)
NYMC
Penn State
Quinnipiac
Rosiland Franklin
SUNY Upstate
Arizona- Phoenix and Tuscon
VCU
Wash U

Washington U is a far reach and SUNY Upstate accepts very few non residents (only 7 two years ago). You could add these schools:
Vermont
Jefferson
Georgetown
St. Louis
Creighton
Tulane

Washington U is a far reach and SUNY Upstate accepts very few non residents (only 7 two years ago). You could add these schools:
Vermont
Jefferson
Georgetown
St. Louis
Creighton
Tulane

Yeah.. point taken on Wash U, and I must have read the MSAR matriculant data on SUNY upstate wrong. I like the other schools you've suggested. Thanks Faha!