Hey guys I have an interview scheduled for Tuesday in mid-October. I'm a newer dental assistant at a large dental clinic and in order to fly out to this interview I would have to take Monday-Wednesday off. That's three days. I can reschedule for a Monday in November and I would only have to take off Monday-Tuesday or two days.

I was wondering whether delaying my interview from October to November in order to save my time off for other interviews is the right move. Would I be at a significant disadvantage in a delayed interview? From what I've been reading, the earlier the better.

Thanks for your input.

pgex2t

2+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2015
Status
Dental Student
If it's early November, there should be no issues. If it's late November, the admissions committee may not have enough time to fully review applicants of that interview day before the first batch of acceptances go out.

htdt

5+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2012
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Let me guess... Midwestern right? I have the exact same problem as you. I originally scheduled for a Tuesday in mid-October, which means I have to take 2 days off. Later I logged back to the portal and this time I'm able to schedule for the Monday of a week after (still in October). I am new to my full-time job too, and I only have 15 paid vacation days so I have to save them up for later interviews. Anyways, good luck with all your interviews!

Reactions: MentalFloss2016
OP

Let me guess... Midwestern right? I have the exact same problem as you. I originally scheduled for a Tuesday in mid-October, which means I have to take 2 days off. Later I logged back to the portal and this time I'm able to schedule for the Monday of a week after (still in October). I am new to my full-time job too, and I only have 15 paid vacation days so I have to save them up for later interviews. Anyways, good luck with all your interviews!
Are you going to push your interview?