Should I do DIT during dedicated or not?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AthleteDoc7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this gets asked a lot, but I'm truly torn. I've heard mixed reviews about DIT and can't decide if I should commit and do it. The money isn't the issue for me, it's whether or not it's worth the time investment during my 5 week dedicated.

If I did do it, i'd like to finish it in around 2 weeks while doing Uworld as my first pass. Has anyone tried this and succeeded? I've heard nightmare stories of it taking way longer than anticipated and leading people to not finish Uworld (I can't risk that). Is it really that hard to finish in a couple weeks? Is this worth it? Any success or bad experience stories?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a DIT fan, and recommend it if you feel like your studying would benefit from more guidance than DIY-UFAP, but wouldn't recommend the two week plan-- it's A LOT of videos to do in a day, and you could find yourself in a hole if it cuts into question time. Personally I started it 60 days before boards, intended to do the 24 day plan and I think it took me 28, which didn't really cause any problems.

I'm a DIT fan, and recommend it if you feel like your studying would benefit from more guidance than DIY-UFAP, but wouldn't recommend the two week plan-- it's A LOT of videos to do in a day, and you could find yourself in a hole if it cuts into question time. Personally I started it 60 days before boards, intended to do the 24 day plan and I think it took me 28, which didn't really cause any problems.

yeah we only get 35 days dedicated, so i feel like it simply isn't enough time to do during dedicated. wish i would've done it sooner but our last block has been hectic just to do class stuff. guess i just shouldn't do it then (dedicated starts next week)

yeah we only get 35 days dedicated, so i feel like it simply isn't enough time to do during dedicated. wish i would've done it sooner but our last block has been hectic just to do class stuff. guess i just shouldn't do it then (dedicated starts next week)

That sucks. I started before classes were over (our last month or so wasn't too busy) so that helped a lot. If you feel like you need the extra guidance, it still might help you out, I'm just not sure the best way to time it, especially if this is your first pass of UWorld.

That sucks. I started before classes were over (our last month or so wasn't too busy) so that helped a lot. If you feel like you need the extra guidance, it still might help you out, I'm just not sure the best way to time it, especially if this is your first pass of UWorld.

yeah i've only done like 30% of uworld so i need to focus more of my efforts there i think, so i don't think i can do both? suddenly feeling super stressed out lol