Should I drop this class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted647690

So I was a TA for a class for one semester (last semester), and I signed up to do it for this upcoming semester. I'm also studying for the mcat in June. I have the option of taking a really easy course that would offer the same amount of credits as the TA position (meaning I wouldn't drop to a lighter course load if I dropped the TA thing and did this instead). I think it would save more time for mcat studying. Do you think this is a good idea? I'm debating with myself. The alternative class is in an unrelated field to my interests, but it wouldn't be hard

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think anyone here can answer this question for you. Do you like being a TA? Then keep doing it.
Also, there's nothing wrong with dropping to a lighter course load, especially since you're studying for the MCAT.

I don't think anyone here can answer this question for you. Do you like being a TA? Then keep doing it.
Also, there's nothing wrong with dropping to a lighter course load, especially since you're studying for the MCAT.
To be honest, not really for this class. It's not a traditional TA position. It's not like I am teaching anything (I guess I could try to teach people stuff). But it's for a lab, and it was more people asking technical questions about the computer program they were using, like how to change certain settings, or a question about the procedure.
I guess I thought having this position would boost my resume for med school, but maybe it's not really worth it. From my experience last semester, I don't really have much to say about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
To be honest, not really for this class. It's not a traditional TA position. It's not like I am teaching anything (I guess I could try to teach people stuff). But it's for a lab, and it was more people asking technical questions about the computer program they were using, like how to change certain settings, or a question about the procedure.
I guess I thought having this position would boost my resume for med school, but maybe it's not really worth it. From my experience last semester, I don't really have much to say about it.

I personally would drop the TA position and take the class, then. But it's up to you!

If you do not enjoy it, drop it like it's hot.

Meh, you should be able to walk and chew gum at the same time.

So I was a TA for a class for one semester (last semester), and I signed up to do it for this upcoming semester. I'm also studying for the mcat in June. I have the option of taking a really easy course that would offer the same amount of credits as the TA position (meaning I wouldn't drop to a lighter course load if I dropped the TA thing and did this instead). I think it would save more time for mcat studying. Do you think this is a good idea? I'm debating with myself. The alternative class is in an unrelated field to my interests, but it wouldn't be hard