Hello all! Sorry if this isn't posted in the correct place. I am applying next cycle and after getting my MCAT back, I have begun to think about schools. I was born in Cook County and it is my dream to go to Northwestern, I couldn't see myself going anywhere else. However, I understand this may be risky and would love advice from some experts who know much more about applying than I do.
Biomedical Engineering
Research: 1800+ hours in the same lab, at least one poster, working on manuscript
Clinical Care: 1500+ hours as a medical technician, 40 hours hospital volunteering
-I also want to note that my clinical care and research are very much connected in terms of topic and I will be able to speak meaningfully about them in combination
Non-clinical Volunteering: Working on bulking this one up, I will be volunteering with elderly people, also refugee shelter, 200 hours. 10 hours doing project with under served children in my community.
Shadowing: 40 hours shadowing primary care of underprivileged native community
Work Experience: 400 hours Freshman year as a Cashier Trainer at a grocery store, 3 semesters TA in engineering, 1 semester TA in organic chemistry
Other: On executive board of organization that specializes in global health equity