Should I email schools about a small date error in AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SamWinchester

Reaction score
I was just going through my AMCAS application in preparation for an interview and noticed that I somehow put my dates of enrollment at a community college as beginning in 2014 instead of 2013. This was from when I was dual-enrolled way back in high school, and I only took four courses, none of which I transferred for college credit to use towards my bachelor's degree. The courses are all listed under the correct semester/year in the coursework section. Is this something that I should email my schools who have accepted me about to clarify just to be safe?

Members don't see this ad.

I made a similar mistake and I didn't email them or anything. I'm no expert but i figured it was not that big of a deal and it has not been brought up yet!

Reactions: 1 user
I was just going through my AMCAS application in preparation for an interview and noticed that I somehow put my dates of enrollment at a community college as beginning in 2014 instead of 2013. This was from when I was dual-enrolled way back in high school, and I only took four courses, none of which I transferred for college credit to use towards my bachelor's degree. The courses are all listed under the correct semester/year in the coursework section. Is this something that I should email my schools who have accepted me about to clarify just to be safe?

I personally wouldn't. If someone is attentive enough to actually catch the error, they will also notice the coursework from 2013 and realize what is going on. It's not like you were trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes.

By emailing them you're just drawing attention to a minor oversight on your part.

I wouldn't unless someone brings it to your attention. The error is exceedingly small and doesn't change your application.

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors