Apr 7, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I was awarded credit for English Composition I & II Course through the College Level Examination Program. However, my undergraduate university did not accept CLEP for English Composition II so I had to take it online . I also took my statistics course at the university online. I am not sure if medical school will accept it. I am starting to think that I need to retake it in person. I took the majority of my undergraduate Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration degree Southern New Hampshire University online and my Master of Science in Health Care Administration degree from another university in person. I took summer and flex community college courses. Also, I took summer and flex courses from SNHU that counted towards my BS in Business Admin with a concentration in Health Care Administration. I took the prereqs later in person i.e. Biology, Physics, Chemistry. My mother always warned me about taking courses online. I should have listened but I wanted to earn my degree faster. Now I understand why she was weary of it because I learned the hard way.

Will I even really get a job with my online degree?

To ratify this, I am considering getting a second degree but this time in Biology or Biomedical Sciences.

Last edited:

ThePhoenician

Primarch
Apr 2, 2020
Terra, 30,000 AD
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
If you earned the degree from a Regionally Accredited facility, then it's legitimate. This isn't the early 2000s where an online degree is only given out by those scam schools that play commercials at 3am.

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
If you earned the degree from a Regionally Accredited facility, then it's legitimate. This isn't the early 2000s where an online degree is only given out by those scam schools that play commercials at 3am.
But many medical schools still do not accept online prereqs.

I was awarded credit for English Composition I & II Course through the College Level Examination Program. However, my undergraduate university did not accept CLEP for English Composition II so I had to take it online . I also took my statistics course at the university online. I am not sure if medical school will accept it. I am starting to think that I need to retake it in person. I took the majority of my undergraduate Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration degree Southern New Hampshire University online and my Master of Science in Health Care Administration degree from another university in person. I took summer and flex community college courses. Also, I took summer and flex courses from SNHU that counted towards my BS in Business Admin with a concentration in Health Care Administration. I took the prereqs later in person i.e. Biology, Physics, Chemistry.

So the second term of English and Stats online? Every other prereq live?

My mother always warned me about taking courses online. I should have listened but I wanted to earn my degree faster. Now I understand why she was weary of it because I learned the hard way.
Have you now learned to always listen to your mother?

Will I even really get a job with my online degree?
Yes,
To ratify this, I am considering getting a second degree but this time in Biology or Biomedical Sciences.
No, waste of time. Perhaps taking some advanced courses informally would be helpful

Reactions: 1 user
Apr 7, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
@gonnif Yes, every other class was live. Yes, I have learned the hard way to always listen to my mother. She told me to go out of state for medical school and that is what I will be doing next. Thank you for your informative post.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads