Should I get my Associates Degree?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

notofimportance143

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Because I attended a satellite campus of my four year university for two semesters I am eligible to apply for my Associate of Arts degree at the end of the semester.

This would be the first degree in my family so I would like to apply for it but I wasn't sure if this would be looked at negatively in any way?

*the degree would be from my four year university.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

I think it would be make you a much STRONGER applicant. For one thing, it makes you a well-rounded, interesting applicant. Additionally, the part about "first degree in my family" is gold for the medical schools.

If its something your parents would be proud of go for it. It won't matter at all for applications however. It will be your 4-year degree that counts.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Because I attended a satellite campus of my four year university for two semesters I am eligible to apply for my Associate of Arts degree at the end of the semester.

This would be the first degree in my family so I would like to apply for it but I wasn't sure if this would be looked at negatively in any way?

*the degree would be from my four year university.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I would absolutely get the degree if you're eligible for it. An associate's degree should make you eligible for additional scholarship opportunities as well if you're graduating with honors. Congrats on being the first in your family to achieve this! You should be proud.

Sounds like this would require little or no additional effort or cost on your part, so yeah why not?

Thanks everyone! If it won't hurt me I will definitely apply for it! I was just curious if it could possibly be perceived negatively and it appears that is not the case. Thanks again!