Should I get my LOR a year early and just save them on interfolio? is that accetable?

swolebrah

sup
5+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2013
Status
Medical Student
I don't plan on applying until junior year(sophomore right now), but I have a good relationship with my Organic Professor (Associate Prof.) and my Physics (E&M)2 Prof (also Associate). I am doing very well in the class and they recognize me by face since I go to all lectures and recitation/sessions outside of class.

The end of the semester is coming, should I get them to give me LOR's? Or is it to early? I feel like if I wait a year, they will still be able to give me them but not as good as one fresh out of their class.

Also is there any precautions I need to take if I'm getting LOR this early ?

THANK YOU!

Captain Sisko

U.S.S. Defiant
Sep 30, 2012
Status
Medical Student
I did this. Some schools need the letters to be less than a year old. Baylor comes to mind. The majority don't care.

Apr 23, 2013
Status
Medical Student
I don't plan on applying until junior year(sophomore right now), but I have a good relationship with my Organic Professor (Associate Prof.) and my Physics (E&M)2 Prof (also Associate). I am doing very well in the class and they recognize me by face since I go to all lectures and recitation/sessions outside of class.

The end of the semester is coming, should I get them to give me LOR's? Or is it to early? I feel like if I wait a year, they will still be able to give me them but not as good as one fresh out of their class.

Also is there any precautions I need to take if I'm getting LOR this early ?

THANK YOU!
You can and should discuss getting a LOR from them now, while you are fresh in their minds. As to whether or not they can actually write them now, as Sisko said, it depends a bit from school to school but will probably be ok.

Pacna

Dyslexics, untie!
Jun 2, 2013
MN
Status
Medical Student
Even those who say they "require" new letters don't really care. They're not going to throw out a quality applicant because the date on their LOR is 1 digit off.

Nov 16, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
I made packets that had a cover letter, my personal statement, resume, and interfolio instructions. You could do the same and include the desired submission date.
Good luck

Reactions: didymus