Should I go for a data entry position?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

plasmo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I was supposed to matriculate last august, but for certian reasons I deferred to the upcoming august. After doing what i want in the prevoius months (working out of the field, traveling..) I want to do some research. The only position I can find is mainly data entry.

Do you think it's worth the pain? I might get published, but would this help me, even before beginning med1

Thanks to all

Members don't see this ad.

Might be a cool thing to do over the summer, especially if you have a shot at getting published. Of course you'd probably be last author wouldn't you? I don't think that's taken for nearly as much value as a top author.

But if you're planning on going for competitive residencies, I can't imagine getting some research experience out of the way now could hurt, since you'll probably be doing some in med school.

I think you should do it. I started my first semester doing data entry, and now I am still doing it -- however, I am also now extraordinarily active in collecting the data as well. You just need to work your way up, and show commitment.