Should I go this route??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JayJay3

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had to drop 3 semesters, if I get a 3.8 gpa, really good mcat, and everything else will I have a chance at Caribbean medical schools?? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

You need to give more details. Where are you are in your undergrad? Why did you have to drop 3 semesters? What is your current GPA?

Either way don't be thinking about Caribbean medical schools until you are at least a year out from finishing your undergrad program. Also don't be thinking about them unless you will have some sort of significant financial support available to you.

I’m in my second year of undergrad,for medical reasons. Can I pick
You need to give more details. Where are you are in your undergrad? Why did you have to drop 3 semesters? What is your current GPA?

Either way don't be thinking about Caribbean medical schools until you are at least a year out from finishing your undergrad program. Also don't be thinking about them unless you will have some sort of significant financial support available to you.
I’m 2nd year, for medical reasons, and my gpa is a 3.1

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m in my second year of undergrad,for medical reasons. Can I pick

I’m 2nd year, for medical reasons, and my gpa is a 3.1
Do you think I can still do md or do?

You can still make it into a DO or MD school. Priority # 1 would be to get your GPA up. Choose classes that don’t have a subjective marking scheme (i.e. English). You want classes that test objectively through multiple choice questions. You are going to need to pull off a near 4.0 from here on.

Start getting involved in medicine-related clubs at your school.

Look into if it’s possible to get trained to be a medical scribe or EMT. These are the best ways to get real exposure to medicine.

I had to drop 3 semesters, if I get a 3.8 gpa, really good mcat, and everything else will I have a chance at Caribbean medical schools?? Thank you!
As long as you're still breathing and can write a tuition check, the Carib predators will be happy to take you.

Don't go there.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
They will take most halfway decent students. Especially if you apply early in the application cycle. I think I was a 3.6 GPA and 30 MCAT. I got the sense that I was a shoe in at my interview. This was 8 years ago though.