Should I go this route??

fullmetal

5+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2015
    You need to give more details. Where are you are in your undergrad? Why did you have to drop 3 semesters? What is your current GPA?

Either way don't be thinking about Caribbean medical schools until you are at least a year out from finishing your undergrad program. Also don't be thinking about them unless you will have some sort of significant financial support available to you.

JayJay3

2+ Year Member
    May 9, 2018
    1. Pre-Medical
      I’m in my second year of undergrad,for medical reasons. Can I pick
      You need to give more details. Where are you are in your undergrad? Why did you have to drop 3 semesters? What is your current GPA?

Either way don't be thinking about Caribbean medical schools until you are at least a year out from finishing your undergrad program. Also don't be thinking about them unless you will have some sort of significant financial support available to you.
      I’m 2nd year, for medical reasons, and my gpa is a 3.1

About the Ads

fullmetal

5+ Year Member
      Mar 13, 2015
        You can still make it into a DO or MD school. Priority # 1 would be to get your GPA up. Choose classes that don’t have a subjective marking scheme (i.e. English). You want classes that test objectively through multiple choice questions. You are going to need to pull off a near 4.0 from here on.

Start getting involved in medicine-related clubs at your school.

Look into if it’s possible to get trained to be a medical scribe or EMT. These are the best ways to get real exposure to medicine.

Goro

10+ Year Member
        Verified Expert
        Silver Member
        Gold Member
        Jun 11, 2010
        Somewhere west of St. Louis
        1. Non-Student
          I had to drop 3 semesters, if I get a 3.8 gpa, really good mcat, and everything else will I have a chance at Caribbean medical schools?? Thank you!
          As long as you're still breathing and can write a tuition check, the Carib predators will be happy to take you.

Don't go there.

• Haha
          Reactions: 2 users

fullmetal

5+ Year Member
          Mar 13, 2015
            They will take most halfway decent students. Especially if you apply early in the application cycle. I think I was a 3.6 GPA and 30 MCAT. I got the sense that I was a shoe in at my interview. This was 8 years ago though.

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.