Should I go to Nova ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roxana

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I got accepted in Columbia university and I have an interview at Nova on Dec 16, I am not sure if I should go or not. It’s probably goanna cost at least $700 to go to Florida from cali. I am thinking maybe I should save the money for $2000 Columbia deposit??
Appreciate any input
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

If Columbia is already your top choice, save money for the deposit.
If you are still not 100% sure, and can imagine yourself in Nova, do it.

p.s One thing i notice that Nova accepted a lot of good looking people compare to Columbia. The school location and the school itself beat Washington Heights.

Here's something failedmagician said on another thread about a similiar topic that I thought was really true:

"Go to the interview if you have even the slightest interest in the school. It's a great school and you worked so hard to get an interview there. Money is replaceable. The chance to find out if this school is the best fit for you is not replaceable experience. I do not have a ton of money right now, but I would go. I would find a way."

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
I got accepted in Columbia university and I have an interview at Nova on Dec 16, I am not sure if I should go or not. It’s probably goanna cost at least $700 to go to Florida from cali. I am thinking maybe I should save the money for $2000 Columbia deposit??
Appreciate any input
Thanks

I personally cancelled my Nova interview. I am accepted at NYU, which is somewhere I would rather go, even if accepted at Nova. There was nothing particularly compelling about Nova for me; whenever I asked about Nova, most of the answers involved good weather, hot girls, or good location. I'm happy with NYC weather, girls, and location anyway.

I realize I will never 'know' if Nova was the absolutely perfect school for me. But I'm fine with that uncertainty. I know I'll be happy at NYU (even if debt management will be a biz-nizzitch!), and to me, it wasn't worth the 500-700$ to go and see Nova for 5 hours.

The question you need to answer for yourself is "Do I have a good reason to check out Nova, or do I know that I would rather go to Columbia anyway?" A possibly secondary question you could ask yourself is, "Do I want to pay for a mini-vacation in Florida in the name of an interview?" :p

You should go.. you might find out nova is the school for you... dont want to choose the wrong place

Hi,
Appreciate any input
Thanks
I'm from Cali, and I interviewed there and got accepted!
It's a great school located in a beautiful area with great people (Everyone on campus seems to know each other and the faculty are really nice).
The cost of housing is super cheap.
The only thing I didn't like about Nova was the weather.
If you don't mind 85% humidity, then by all means go and visit that school. You'll love it!

I've been accepted to NOVA, and interviewed at UCSF. I saw UCSF long ago and loved it... i thought there was nowhere else i would consider going. I saw NOVA and found the only school i could even consider attending over UCSF. It may only be my subjective opinion, but i think only you can decide if it's worth it for you.

There was nothing particularly compelling about Nova for me; whenever I asked about Nova, most of the answers involved good weather, hot girls, or good location.

I agree that those reasons are superficial (excluding location) and shouldn't be the most important factors involved in choosing a school. I said excluding location because I think that is very important since you will most likely be practicing in the vicinity of where you went to school.
That being said I have a bunch of reasons as to why I chose Nova... but the weather and girls are nice bonuses. :laugh: