Should I go to PLME at Brown?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alipotato

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
:confused: just got accepted to Brown PLME. I think it will be a good experience. :clap: I want to concentrate in studio art and RISD is right around the corner
......BUT, i heard Brown med isn't too hot. Also, i'm on the waiting lists at Harvard and Columbia, and i know i have a decent chance at getting into columbia (I have several good connections that I saved in case of this) and also harvard (if a spot opens up). Should I go to PLME? I don't think i can give up PLME even if I get into columbia. should I bother with trying to get off the wait-list at Harvard? Please, help me!!!!!!! :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

wait till you have a decision to make. this year columbia accepted 1600 people, and waitlisted 1600. they said that they expect to take off a whopping 10 from the waitlist. don't hold your breath dude. go to brown.

If I understand Brown's program, your are not obligated to attend medical school there. Brown is a respected undergraduate university. If you enter the program you can have the best of both worlds: "guaranteed admission" to a decent (but not stellar) medical school with the option of applying elsewhere.

On a side note, I have lived in Cambridge, Providence, and NYC (although not the upper west side), I liked Providence the best by far.

Good Luck

Ed

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a 6th year PLME at Brown and I've had the BEST experience. When my friends were taking the MCAT's I was traveling in Rome, and when they were applying, I was relaxing. But please, if you don't want to go to med school here, don't bother doing PLME. The last thing we want is a Harvard or Columbia wanna-be who's just reaping the benefits of the program and leaving.
Good luck to you.

Thank you JANPLME!!!! Can I have your IM or e-mail address? If you're not comfortable giving it here, please e-mail it to me at [email protected] I have a million questions to ask you!!!!!!!!

plme is awesome. go to brown. the undergrad. program is top notch, plus the med school (though not as well known nationally as some other ivy league school) has awesome residency matches. and the students are happy. i wouldn't pass up an opportunity like this.

congrats!!

thanks for the advice.