Should I include my new job in update letter even though I have not yet signed the contract?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ValiantShinobi

Reaction score
I am writing an update letter to one of the schools which I have not heard from. Recently, I started working for an academic consulting agency but I will be signing the contract next week, the person responsible for doing this is simply busy.

The reason I am asking this in the first place is because I think it would really make a difference - it's been months since I got done with my undergrad and I suspect just showing my new extracurricular activities will be less impactful than actually letting them know that I have started working.

Further, can med schools see the current employment status of a student.? Worst case scenario I do not wish to be seen as a liar because say, for some reason, my school can see that I am yet to get on any official contract (which I will in a few days, it's just a logisitical issue) when they check literally today or tomorrow.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am writing an update letter to one of the schools which I have not heard from. Recently, I started working for an academic consulting agency but I will be signing the contract next week, the person responsible for doing this is simply busy.

The reason I am asking this in the first place is because I think it would really make a difference - it's been months since I got done with my undergrad and I suspect just showing my new extracurricular activities will be less impactful than actually letting them know that I have started working.

Further, can med schools see the current employment status of a student.? Worst case scenario I do not wish to be seen as a liar because say, for some reason, my school can see that I am yet to get on any official contract (which I will in a few days, it's just a logisitical issue) when they check literally today or tomorrow.

Thanks!

They can't see your employment status (how would they?). I think it's unlikely that this new job will make much of an impact anyway, but I'll defer to ADCOMs on the final say.

i don’t think it will make any difference because you have really no experiential hours.A might not happen. . It is usually advised that you can add/report a new activity after you have 100+ hours accumulated.
Why do you think it will impact your application?

Reactions: 1 users