Medical Should I Include this for AMCAS and AACOMAS - Institutional Action?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

During my Sophomore year in college, I was suspected of cheating during my Final exam. However, after conversing through email and meeting with my professor and College Dean, it was determined that I did not cheat during the exam. No sanctions were enforced and no official warning was placed on my transcript. My college did, however, state that "the history of the charge will stay in college records and [would] be relevant should [my] future actions as a student involve any further charges of academic integrity."

I have tried to contact my University to determine if history of the charge was indeed recorded, but it has been several years past my graduation and I have yet to receive any reply. Though I was truly innocent, I was ashamed to be merely associated with academic misconduct. Curious, how would you all advise me to approach the situation? Additionally, should I have to report this to AMCAS and AACOMAS, how should I explain the situation? Will medical schools only see the "check box" of institutional action and move on from my application?

Thank you in advance for your time!
Contact your Registrar, but you did not receive an IA. Apparently, they marked your records in case you screwed up again.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.