Should I keep my undergraduate notes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dptj

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I recently graduated a few weeks ago and will be starting PT school this September. I have kept all of my notes and assignments throughout college and I've been considering throwing them away since they’re taking up space. The only notes I’m considering to keep are my anatomy/physiology and pathology notes. Did anyone find their old notes useful in PT school and if so, are there any other subjects you recommend keeping? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly I would toss em, keep the A&P ones just in case but your new A&P professor will give you all you need to be successful in their class. I don't know what major you were but unless its something you really think you'll look back at I say get rid of the cutter - and recommendation for PT school store electronic versions/use computer/tablet in class for your notes so you don't have to worry about throwing them out - just keep em saved to a drop box

I made it through my first year of PT school without looking at a single thing from undergrad. I'm pretty confident that the same could be said for all of my classmates. The amount of material you will be given to study and reference during PT school is more than you could ever possibly look at anyway. even with anatomy and pathophysiology, the textbooks that you use in PT school and the lecture notes and other materials that you get from your PT professors will be much more detailed and much more relevant to you anyway.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

I also haven't looked at any of my undergrad notes, not even once. We have tons of resources, and I don't have enough time to go through all the material that I want to in the first place.

I know that some classmates liked having some of their old notes, but you should be fine without them.

Reactions: 1 user