Should I mention GPA and DAT on my secondary apps?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

8_man

Achievement Unlocked: DDS
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I'm in the process of filling out some secondaries. My question is whether or not I should mention my GPA and DAT score in sections asking "explain your academic preparedness towards a dental curriculum."

The reason I'm asking is because no one likes a bragger, and I feel that it comes off as pretentious to state my scores. Especially when they likely already have them on file. I avoided the numbers and decided to talk about my full-time student status and my heavy extracurricular workload. However, I feel it doesn't fully answer the prompt.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey guys, so I'm in the process of filling out some secondaries. My question is whether or not I should mention my GPA and DAT score in sections asking "explain your academic preparedness towards a dental curriculum."

The reason I'm asking is because no one likes a bragger, and I feel that it comes off as pretentious to state my scores. Especially when they likely already have them on file. I avoided the numbers and decided to talk about my full-time student status and my heavy extracurricular workload. However, I feel it doesn't fully answer the prompt.

Thanks in advance.
The numbers speak for themselves. I wouldn't bother mentioning them.

Reactions: 1 user
No need to repeat what is already know. Keep it short and to the point while answering the questions in a personal manner rather than a "one size fits all answer".

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the input everyone. I omitted the numbers and added a part about my manual dexterity.