Medical Should I mention my health condition in Secondary/WAMC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had an undiagnosed medical condition throughout the entirety of undergrad due to a paperwork error by the physician’s clinic that led me to believe my constant fatigue was just the premed norm. I graduated with an AMCAS 3.5 cGPA and 3.4sGPA with a decent (all A’s with 13 A+’s out of 18 classes, half being upper-level science) upward trend after I began drinking instant coffee to an ungodly extent. After being properly diagnosed, I have been on medication since. I’m a completely new person it feels like and I can actually focus on things without feeling the need to take a 6 hour nap. Great. Done. Pretty much 0 problems anymore.

Should I discuss having my health issue in adversity questions for my secondaries? I realize my GPA and MCAT (504) hardly put me on the radar of most MD schools (also applied DO) and I’m trying not to give adcoms more reason to toss my app, but should I mention it? Especially as I believe that it is under control now?

Thank you!

Your academic excellence will allay any Adcom worries about your condition. Your MCAT score is what will keep you out of most MD schools. You're fine for DO, including mine.

Chances for MD best at your two in-state MD schools. But don't forget VCOM-AL, PCOM-GA, KYCOM, CUSOM and KCOM!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.