General What Types of Research Should I Pursue as a Pre-Health Student?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question

Member Question
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Is there any preferred kind of research for Med School. I was reading a couple of articles some are saying Lab research is preferred others are saying clinical not sure which to go for?

Thank you in advanced.

— Experts please respond to this post —

Members don't see this ad.

I believe either are fine. For a student, clinical research may be a bit easier to get off the ground, especially if the student it working on an original hypothesis they come up with. However, if you can do that with bench research, I think it's higher yield and more impressive (at least in my opinion).

However, remember that clinical research is more likely to get the student some clinical/patient exposure.

I'd say the more important things are to do research that involves a PI who you get along with, is likely to result in publication(s), and is something the student is actually interested in doing.

any research at the Undergrad level is good. Clinical research often moves to publication faster, but I also think it’s harder to be involved as an undergrad who doesn’t understand clijical medicine yet

Bottom line though, find a good mentor and listen to them

Members don't see this ad :)
As an undergrad it is harder to understand clinical research but you can teach anyone to do data collection. Lab research is more intensive overall but harder to have good output. pick an area that is interesting to you. it doesn't matter what type and more of the commitment and learning gained from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.