Should I mention this on my application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heygorlies

Reaction score
Hello all! I’m pretty new to this site so I’m not sure necessarily if this is where I should be posting this. I graduated in December of 2020 with a GPA of 3.2 and took a year’s worth of classes after to boost my GPA. I have a steady upward trend and I have reached a point where I believe that I am satisfied with my academic success.
There is one issue, however. In my second year of college I worked on 2 lab reports with my colleagues and those got flagged as 2 separate academic dishonesty cases even though they were within the same time. The sanctions given were an F on the transcript and academic probation. However I did not receive the F nor was I put on academic probation. Therefore I don’t have an F on the transcript, and neither does it show any record of academic probation on my transcript however the details of the case are in the disciplinary office. Do I still have to disclose this to my medschool?

Members don't see this ad.

If it is with this disciplinary office then I would ask them if it would appear as an IA. I had a different issue where I was taking care of my friend that was under the influence of alcohol and I was written up for it. I went to meetings with the dean and such but it was never added on my record. You can always double check with the school and see what actions they decided to go with especially since you were not punished for it (assuming they found nothing wrong in your case) then I dont think you need to disclose it? thats my two cents hopefully someone that works for admissions can clarify for you.

Hello all! I’m pretty new to this site so I’m not sure necessarily if this is where I should be posting this. I graduated in December of 2020 with a GPA of 3.2 and took a year’s worth of classes after to boost my GPA. I have a steady upward trend and I have reached a point where I believe that I am satisfied with my academic success.
There is one issue, however. In my second year of college I worked on 2 lab reports with my colleagues and those got flagged as 2 separate academic dishonesty cases even though they were within the same time. The sanctions given were an F on the transcript and academic probation. However I did not receive the F nor was I put on academic probation. Therefore I don’t have an F on the transcript, and neither does it show any record of academic probation on my transcript however the details of the case are in the disciplinary office. Do I still have to disclose this to my medschool?
I'm confused, so you were given sanctions that were somehow not applied? Did they just forget to do it, or did were you proven innocent?

Members don't see this ad :)
this is the only answer u need… contact ur students conduct office and ask if you have anything in your record. u report if they say yes, u dont if they say no. simple as that, no need to give us any more details

this is the only answer u need… contact ur students conduct office and ask if you have anything in your record. u report if they say yes, u dont if they say no. simple as that, no need to give us any more details
Tbh ask if you have any externally reportable offenses. Purely internal records largely don't matter (idk the ethics of it, but in terms of practical importance). Academic violations are a pretty big deal, so if that it can stay completely internal I would take it.

I had a different issue where I was taking care of my friend that was under the influence of alcohol and I was written up for it.
Off topic from OP but I hate so much that this is a thing at many schools. These kind of policies can kill, by discouraging calling for help rather than the actual drinking. I feel really fortunate to have gone to a school with a strong Good Samaritan policy that kept people from being written up for things like this

Reactions: 1 users
Off topic from OP but I hate so much that this is a thing at many schools. These kind of policies can kill, by discouraging calling for help rather than the actual drinking. I feel really fortunate to have gone to a school with a strong Good Samaritan policy that kept people from being written up for things like this
it was frustrating but overall they understood wha tI was doing and did not punish me for it. It was more of standard operating procedure but yea it was an interesting situation.

Reactions: 1 user