Should i postpone my DAT? Please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NeuroscEYEnce

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have my test scheduled for this wednesday nov 21. So I have until noon tomorrow to decide. I have been provisionally accepted to Barrys biomed masters program and i need to send them my score (above a 17 needed) in order to be fully accepted. But because i have a lower gpa (~2.8) i neeeddd a really good DAT along with a good postbac/special masters. Ive taken a couple practice tests and just took a top score yesterday here are the scores:

Bio- 15
Gen chem-18
Orgo- 15
PAT- 16
RC- 18
QR- 16
TS- 16
AA- 16

Should I postpone my exam and barry? Im really in need of solid advice
 
Postpone it if you can. Topscore is very similar to the real DAT and a 15 in any section isn't really acceptable. Give yourself an extra 2 or 3 weeks, it can make a heck of a difference. Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I scored two points higher on the real thing compared to Topscore and that seems to be the case for most people here on SDN as well. If I were you, I would def postpone the exam; wait until you at least get 18 across the board on Topscore to take it. GL
 
with your GPA, you need to shoot for 22+ AA. Looking at your topscore practice test, you should 100% postpone.

FYI, my topscore test was a 21 AA and I got 19 AA on the real thing.