Should I postpone my MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

leaveit2rani

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am thinking about postponing my MCAT, so I can review everything one more time.

I already paid for the MCAT registration for September 11.

As of now I have only reviewed my sciences and just started verbal.

Starting now, I would be doing exclusively passages from TPR science workbook, BR passages, gold standard practice exams, BR exams, etc. all in 40 days. I am not sure if it is enough time. There are a lot of small details I am forgetting every now and then about subjects (esp. biology).

If I postponed I would be taking the test in January. And my schedule would be like this:

Ecology
Evolution
French I (won't waste any of my time)
Classics (elective)
Research in Genetics Lab

I would only be going to school Tuesday and Thursday.

I honestly feel if I take it seriously, it could make a big difference in my score, but maybe I am just biased.