Should I postpone step 3?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nm825

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a USMD anesthesiology intern with surgical heavy intern year. I am currently on a QI block and have Step 3 scheduled for next Tuesday and Wednesday. I have been doing on and off studying over the last few weeks, and currently have about 45% of UWorld done with a score of 67%. I have just today started to glance at the CCS blocks and was planning on going through them all this weekend.

Realistically, I probably will only get through about 75% of Uworld and maybe half of the CCS blocks. Unfortunately, there's not a lot of time for me to take it the rest of the year. I could possible take it in February on busy cardiology consult service or in April during the second week of a 2-week EM block. If I were to delay it, my plan would be to continue to do small blocks of uworld over the next several months, and possibly do Uworld again.

I need some advice- should I just suck it up and take it next week and cram over next 5 days, or should I push it off for a few months?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah just take it. You just need to pass. Your UWorld average is good. Dont prolong your agony. Take it, pass it and move on with the rest of your intern year.