Should I postpone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bjamm

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have my exam scheduled for June 5th

Last bootcamp test (#5):
BIO 19
GC 17
OC 20
RC 20
PAT 21
QR 15
My AA for past exams has been around 19

I've used Destroyer- OC x2 and bio x2, GC x1.5, Cliffsx1, Feralis x1(took notes, now going over notes and flashcards), chads (OC and GC, took notes and quizzes x2), Bootcamp(would go over questions after taking exam, including the ones I got right and would further study the explanation).
I did math destroyer x2 untimed, would get around 25 questions right on a test. obviously I'm doing something wrong here because nothing is sticking and I'm scoring bad on BC. I have also watched chads math videos but they seemed to be basic.

Is there a chance of improving by the 5th or should I postpone? Im currently taking summer courses so I've only had 5-6 hours of study time. I know 19 AA is low, but postponing it would lead to me applying around July and I feel like that would be late(ish) to apply when there will be students applying by June 1st. But then applying early with a low score might lead to schools not even looking at my app. Sorry for the long essay I just don't know what to do haha

Members don't see this ad.

July is not late! U better take the test when u ready rather than rushing. I am talking from experience

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user

Last bootcamp test (#5):
BIO 19
GC 17
OC 20
RC 20
PAT 21
QR 15

I've used Destroyer- OC x2 and bio x2, GC x1.5, Cliffsx1, Feralis x1(took notes, now going over notes and flashcards), chads (OC and GC, took notes and quizzes x2), Bootcamp(would go over questions after taking exam, including the ones I got right and would further study the explanation).
I did math destroyer x2 untimed, would get around 25 questions right on a test. obviously I'm doing something wrong here because nothing is sticking and I'm scoring bad on BC. I have also watched chads math videos but they seemed to be basic.

Is there a chance of improving by the 5th or should I postpone? Im currently taking summer courses so I've only had 5-6 hours of study time. I know 19 AA is low, but postponing it would lead to me applying around July and I feel like that would be late(ish) to apply when there will be students applying by June 1st. But then applying early with a low score might lead to schools not even looking at my app. Sorry for the long essay I just don't know what to do haha

Yikes, you make me nervous too. Because I used destroyer and others resources the same amount as you. My test is scheduled June 11, but have not taken any full length BC tests yet. Is information not sticking with you? I would assume if you did destroyer twice, your GC score would be much higher, but I don't know. In my opinion, I'd rather apply late and have a better DAT score.

Reactions: 1 users
Yikes, you make me nervous too. Because I used destroyer and others resources the same amount as you. My test is scheduled June 11, but have not taken any full length BC tests yet. Is information not sticking with you? I would assume if you did destroyer twice, your GC score would be much higher, but I don't know. In my opinion, I'd rather apply late and have a better DAT score.

I honestly dont know, I have a pretty good gpa and do well in school overall. I'm guessing its how i'm studying for this exam. It all varies from one student to another. you'll probably do better than I have been doing, but if i were you id practice with those full length exams!

Members don't see this ad :)
Postpone your test. Submit early still. Better to at least have your app in and then send your scores later.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Postpone your test. Submit early still. Better to at least have your app in and then send your scores later.

Wouldn't they just put my app at the bottom of the list and probably don't look at it again if they see that I have no score yet?

I'm confused by your x1, x2. You went through all of destroyer two full times and went went through all of Chad's videos two full times?

I'm confused by your x1, x2. You went through all of destroyer two full times and went went through all of Chad's videos two full times?

yes. and did not just go over them by testing myself, I went over explanations and made flashcards for bio and OC

Wouldn't they just put my app at the bottom of the list and probably don't look at it again if they see that I have no score yet?

No. And plus it's takes a few weeks for everything to process anyway like transcripts etc.

What schools are you applying to? Even though a 19 is not a high score applications are looked at holistically. In addition, I am currently prepping for the DAT with the same prep materials you used and even though I have been attentive throughout the videos (Chad's), I have not been scoring well on the quizzes but I'm going to see it through because I literally started prepping a week ago so I have 9 weeks to go.. haha! I say this to say, you should not worry yourself and rush to take the DAT next week. I am not testing until the end of July; however, the dental admissions application cycle opens on June 1st so in the meantime I will be completing my application for dental school and submit my DAT scores after I have taken it and that is okay. Just focus on improving your score and take the test when you are ready, it is better to push the test date back versus having to retake the DAT entirely because you did not score well and were not confident in yourself.

Postponing might help but when I took mine, 4 days before my test, I did a practice test and did wayyyyy worse than what you just got...like wayyy worse. All I wanted to do was cry but then I pulled myself together and kicked my studying into overdrive and did much better on the actual test.

Side note- I do wish I had even more time to study but I was on a time crunch but at the end of the day I was satisfied wish my score.

What schools are you applying to? Even though a 19 is not a high score applications are looked at holistically. In addition, I am currently prepping for the DAT with the same prep materials you used and even though I have been attentive throughout the videos (Chad's), I have not been scoring well on the quizzes but I'm going to see it through because I literally started prepping a week ago so I have 9 weeks to go.. haha! I say this to say, you should not worry yourself and rush to take the DAT next week. I am not testing until the end of July; however, the dental admissions application cycle opens on June 1st so in the meantime I will be completing my application for dental school and submit my DAT scores after I have taken it and that is okay. Just focus on improving your score and take the test when you are ready, it is better to push the test date back versus having to retake the DAT entirely because you did not score well and were not confident in yourself.

Havent thought about what schools to apply to but I have two in mind for sure and the avg score they accept is a 21. Thanks for the advice!

Postponing might help but when I took mine, 4 days before my test, I did a practice test and did wayyyyy worse than what you just got...like wayyy worse. All I wanted to do was cry but then I pulled myself together and kicked my studying into overdrive and did much better on the actual test.

Side note- I do wish I had even more time to study but I was on a time crunch but at the end of the day I was satisfied wish my score.

Thats awesome! but I dont know if that will be the case for me, i might get a really difficult exam and do way worse than I am doing right now! I'm probably going to postpone it and not risk getting a bad score

Members don't see this ad :)
Considering how much effort you put into studying, your scores are honestly kind of low, are you sure you're doing everything you say you're doing? Maybe you're having a problem retaining the information?

Sent from my SM-G935P using SDN mobile

Thats awesome! but I dont know if that will be the case for me, i might get a really difficult exam and do way worse than I am doing right now! I'm probably going to postpone it and not risk getting a bad score
You're right. Postpone and take it when you feel ready. I'm sure you're going to do great!! Good luck :)

Considering how much effort you put into studying, your scores are honestly kind of low, are you sure you're doing everything you say you're doing? Maybe you're having a problem retaining the information?

Sent from my SM-G935P using SDN mobile

yes. been studying for the past 4 months! thats why i'm freaking out haha. Everyone else is doing the same thing as me and scoring 21+

Last bootcamp test (#5):
BIO 19
GC 17
OC 20
RC 20
PAT 21
QR 15

Postpone dat to early july. I submitted my app mid july and was completely fine

Postpone dat to early july. I submitted my app mid july and was completely fine

I rescheduled for mid July, and planning on submitting my app beginning of July. Im still waiting on one more LOR!

Reactions: 1 users
I rescheduled for mid July, and planning on submitting my app beginning of July. Im still waiting on one more LOR!
best of luck!
I would suggest you start watching some math videos since your qr is 15, imagine if you get it to 21, that will help you AA greatly, and math is very learnable and you can do it!

best of luck!
I would suggest you start watching some math videos since your qr is 15, imagine if you get it to 21, that will help you AA greatly, and math is very learnable and you can do it!

which math videos? I tried chads- they were very basic

which math videos? I tried chads- they were very basic
The free version:
would be the 87 qr videos suggested by Ari, here is the link to that:
The non free version:
the videos made by the chemistry tutor guy. He had 4 hours free on youtube, for 40 dollars you get 13 hours of qr
I tried him for some math videos before and orgo, he was awesome. He is a bit slow in explaining because he is thorugh.

check his video out and then decide if he is good or not.

Non free version for bio would be these guys: Bonzono, crash course, Craig savage and jason walker the last two are favorite
Craig Savage
Jason Walker
For bio I went ahead and registered in the Educator website. Their ap bio cover the whole ap biology and it is made by the professor who created the Barron ap biology book and so far she is awesome, of course, it's 45 dollars for the first month, then 35 dollars afterward, but you only need 3 weeks to watch all her videos. She is great.
the good thing is she has 2 free videos, check them out if you feel she is good, then go for it.

Last edited:
The free version:
would be the 87 qr videos suggested by Ari, here is the link to that:
The non free version:
the videos made by the chemistry tutor guy. He had 4 hours free on youtube, for 40 dollars you get 13 hours of qr
I tried him for some math videos before and orgo, he was awesome. He is a bit slow in explaining because he is thorugh.

check his video out and then decide if he is good or not.

Non free version for bio would be these guys: Bonzono, crash course, Craig savage and jason walker the last two are favorite
Craig Savage
Jason Walker
For bio I went ahead and registered in the Educator website. Their ap bio cover the whole ap biology and it is made by the professor who created the Barron ap biology book and so far she is awesome, of course, it's 45 dollars for the first month, then 35 dollars afterward, but you only need 3 weeks to watch all her videos. She is great.
the good thing is she has 2 free videos, check them out if you feel she is good, then go for it.

Thank you!

Have you tried to 2007 QR timed? I thought it was helpful to be exposed to the types of problems on 2007 QR. They also added quantitative comparison problems recently! I saw 5-10 on my exam. You can google quantitative comparison problems to find more examples!

Have you tried to 2007 QR timed? I thought it was helpful to be exposed to the types of problems on 2007 QR. They also added quantitative comparison problems recently! I saw 5-10 on my exam. You can google quantitative comparison problems to find more examples!
I have not taken 07 or 09 exams yet, and i am currently going over QC questions on bootcamp. I'm going to google them as well thank you

today, I replied to other thread about quantitive comparison tests. I found many free questions online, I am gonna copy my quote to her thread here, hope it helps.

quantitive comparison videos:
this one has 7 short videos

this is a 31-minute video

a 14-minute video

now practice questions :
Free GRE Quantitative Comparison Questions with Solutions Sample 1
https://magoosh.com/gre/2015/gre-quantitative-comparison-practice-problems/
GRE Quantitative Comparison Practice Questions | Kaplan
GRE Math Quantitative Comparisons : Practice tests and explanations

The last link has 10 test with 10 questions each, I think if you watch the videos and do all of these questions, there is no way you gonna miss these kinds of questions unless your algebra or geometry is a bit lacking or they bring a super hard question which can be solved with watching algebra videos or geometry videos and again more practice.

Best of luck