Should I postpone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rigal

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, so I just finished AAMC FL1!

505: (126,125,127,127)
My NS FL scores range from 501-505

My target score is 507+ and I want to apply this summer. I'm also URM (AA female) with a 3.8 cGPA and sGPA and lots of community service.

Im scheduled for 4/20, but I'm thinking about postponing until end of May?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

My target score is 507+ and I want to apply this summer. I'm also URM (AA female) with a 3.8 cGPA and sGPA and lots of community service.

Postpone. I took the MCAT in June with significantly less impressive stats than you and have had a successful cycle. Take it when you're ready. Delaying until even mid summer won't hurt you too much.

Good luck OP!

Agreed with above posters. Don’t take until you’re confident and your FLs are in range of target score. That aside, great stats and we look forward to how everything goes.

Best of luck to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)

I'm going to go against the grain and say that unless you have a solid plan on how that extra time will help you improve your score, you should sit for the exam. Postponing for more time to study is never a guarantee for a higher score and may end up hurting more than it helps. This point is moot now that you ended up postponing, so I recommend that you keep pounding flashcards/old material such that it is fresh in your head!

I'm going to go against the grain and say that unless you have a solid plan on how that extra time will help you improve your score, you should sit for the exam. Postponing for more time to study is never a guarantee for a higher score and may end up hurting more than it helps. This point is moot now that you ended up postponing, so I recommend that you keep pounding flashcards/old material such that it is fresh in your head!
are the kaplan decks on anki the general consensus for best flashcards?

are the kaplan decks on anki the general consensus for best flashcards?
Anki has a great system for spaced repetition and thus long term recall. I’m not familiar with the Kaplan deck on Anki but hopefully others can comment on that

Anki has a great system for spaced repetition and thus long term recall. I’m not familiar with the Kaplan deck on Anki but hopefully others can comment on that
ohhh ok, so did you just make your own decks from content review books?