Should I Prospone my test date?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mountie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone:

I am seeking for the advice that should I prospone my test day (Jan 31st). I practice AAMC4R and get 28 (V:7, B:11, P:10). However, My verbal section score up and down from 6 to 9. Should I give myself more time to improve verbal section? I am just worried about that if I wait longer, I may get unfamiliar with some of the Bio and Physics materials. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

well you can't get unfamiliar with the material ever. :)

But if you feel under confident in your verbal skills I would push back, because confidence in the test is huge part of doing well. Good Luck! Also some people on SDN would say a 6-8 in verbal might be looked down upon during application process. But then it also depends on the schools you are applying to.

You should take the MCAT only when you're 100% preapred to do well on it. From your post, it seems that you're not completely confident about your skills on the verbal section. That in and of itself, tells me that you might want to consider all of your options: If you do postphone, will you beable to improve significantly in a few weeks? Will you be able to maintain your level of proficiency in bio and physics while also improving verbal? Will your studying stamina be affected?
All of these things are things that you will have to consider. But beware that a low score in verabl can hurt your application significantly and the only real way to improve verbal is through practice. So don't sell yourself short, if you need more time, take it, and improve. The test is important enough that you only want to have to take it once! You got to be confident that you can do better, get determined about beating this exam, and then work accordingly! We don't want you to do anything but your best on test day.