Should I quit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
E

Eli_23m

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, just quit and go find another career.

Joking aside,
1. 3.5 isn't that bad at this point.
2. There are still 2+ years left.
3. I personally thought orgo was easier than gen chem even thought it's a higher level science.
4. DO is an option. You can retake classes to get grades replaced. As long as you aren't one of those people who get their panties wet because of letter MD behind your name.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, I just ended my sophmore year as biology major ( it's taking me 3 years instead of 2 years for my GE and lower division classes) and my GPA is 3.5 I'm taking orgo, physics and the next biology class next semester. I'll be transferring next year to another college for my upper division classes, But with classes becoming harder, do I have a chance ? Anyone who got into a medical school and had similar grades or same position as me in sophmore year ? Please I need some advice. Thanks in advance

Listen there is always a chance it's just a matter of if you are willing to take it. 3.5 seems like an low end of acceptable but still acceptable GPA.

Did you have to work to your very limit and struggle to get the grades you got? If not (you goofed off or were distracted or whatever) then you can probably work hard an recover some GPA ground in the coming coursework. If you had to work at absolute unsustainable in the long run max effort to get your current standing it becomes less likely that you will recover ground and potentially even maintain ground.

Again nothing is certain and I think it's likely too early to quit (the spelling in the thread header is off - for next time). You have to make the call about the risks to your future if you continue to pursue this and fail versus the likelihood you will continue to pursue this and succeed versus the alternative options you have in front of you.

There are no correct an incorrect decisions here its just whatever is right for you.

Good luck,
venko

Oh jesus really? It is "Should I QUIT?" not "should I quite" I guess ill be the ass here. How many times did you fail or Withdraw from a Gen. Science course? I would recommend a class in grammar and rhetoric.. maybe intro or remedial level... and we need more info before we can give you solid advice, if your willing to give more info you can get a more solid answer. but until then ill give you the same treatment as everyone else

you can do anything you put your mind to. that's it. answering anything besides that is like estimating a course grade on one quiz.

Oh jesus really? It is "Should I QUIT?" not "should I quite" I guess ill be the ass here. How many times did you fail or Withdraw from a Gen. Science course? I would recommend a class in grammar and rhetoric.. maybe intro or remedial level... and we need more info before we can give you solid advice, if your willing to give more info you can get a more solid answer. but until then ill give you the same treatment as everyone else

you can do anything you put your mind to. that's it. answering anything besides that is like estimating a course grade on one quiz.

Corrects spelling, and then misspells word in own post. Strong work.

Reactions: 11 users
breathe deep....relax.....take less classes at a time or study more......get a good mcat.....become a doctor.....look back in 10yrs and laugh at this post

you can do this