Should I really try to reschedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DD214_DOC

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanting some advice on trying to reschedule level I of comlex. I have done this twice already. I am scheduled to take it on Dec 13. I am putting in about 6-9 hours a day. My previous rotations have been really, really busy so I lost a lot of time and have been slack. I almost need the pressure in order to do what needs to be done.

So, what is the average study time for someone looking to score around average? I'd like to get low to mid 500s. I'd settle for just passing.

My knowledge base isn't bad; I've been through physiology and have a pretty good understanding of that. My intent was to focus mainly on micro/pharm/omm for the next 2-3 weeks and throw in a refresher for physio in there at some point.

I'm using FA for micro and pharm, and savarse for OMM. I tried to reschedule until Mid January but the NBOME says my eligibility expires Dec 18, whatever that means. Any advice appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

The longer you put it off the more your memories from your 2nd year classes will fade, so if I were you I'd just bite the bullet and do it in December. I think you can do enough studying as long as you buckle down and study for a few hours every night after work (and all day on weekends). Copy a couple of pages of stuff from micro or pharm that you can carry with you at work and look at during downtime.
As for the eligibility thing, from what I recall I believe you have to submit a new application if you end up not taking it within a certain window of time (3 months, if I recall). Might be something to ask your school about if you really don't feel ready.
Good luck.

I agree about being further from 2nd year will hurt for some. In addition, some schools have a set period in which you have to take the exam. For example, we had to take ours before July 31. I think this is ideal so the exam isn't pushed too far back (just in case the unmentionable happens too). I would suggest taking it as you have it scheduled.