Should I reapply to schools where I was rejected post-interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chilis

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I applied a few cycles ago and interviewed at two schools but was not accepted. I pursued my backup plan and am reapplying now. I have more clinical employment experience, so I am reapplying to many of the schools that did not interview me last time, but I am on the fence about whether to submit my app to the ones where I interviewed before. I feel like I am pretty much the same as before aside from the additional work experience, so if they did not like what they saw in person back then, I'm not sure if it will be any different now (and I'd rather not waste the $250 of secondary fees if it's in vain). How do adcoms feel about re-applicants who already interviewed with them in the past?

Members don't see this ad.

Were you rejected or waitlisted? Did you talk to any AdComs about the reason for your rejection?

Were you rejected or waitlisted? Did you talk to any AdComs about the reason for your rejection?
The first school waitlisted me, but I never inquired about it. The second school rejected me outright. I actually thought my interviews there went better than the first, and I asked the admissions office shortly after the rejection if they had any advice or how they felt about re-applicants. They never responded.

Members don't see this ad :)