Should I Reapply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

throwawy2020

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I know I'll get a lot of flak for this question but here goes nothing. So I applied this past cycle and received 11 IIs, 7 waitlists, and only 1 acceptance. I was accepted to Case Western and although I know that it is a solid mid-tier school, I was, to be completely honest, a bit disappointed because I feel that my stats and ECs should have gotten me into a school at least in the Top 20. I don't want to give away too much information as to remain anonymous but here is a general breakdown of my stats/app.

3.99 cGPA;4.0 sGPA at HYPSM

526 MCAT

5 publications, 2 of which are first author

Hundreds of hours of shadowing/volunteerwork

Held various leadership positions in multiple clubs

I know that I should be grateful to have even gotten into medical school but I can't help but feel that I somehow slipped through the cracks this past application cycle. I believe that it would be in my best interest to re-apply next cycle so that I can get into a top 10 med school. I hope to pursue an extremely competitive sub-specialty and I know how much medical school prestige affects matching into top residencies. To be completely blunt, I feel like all of my hard work in undergrad would be completely wasted if I took this acceptance.

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck getting into any medical school if you turn that offer down.

Also too much bait from your post, seems like a troll post tbh.

Reactions: 1 user
Why apply to a place that would feel like a complete waste to get accepted to? lol

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Quit using Google to rank schools and start calling them to see if they will place you where you need to be. Do you think students in so Co want to move to Montana for residency?

1 acceptance after all those interviews...it is your interview that sunk you.

Case is a great school. Go learn to be a doctor and don’t ruin your future being obsessed with prestige.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone,

I know I'll get a lot of flak for this question but here goes nothing. So I applied this past cycle and received 11 IIs, 7 waitlists, and only 1 acceptance. I was accepted to Case Western and although I know that it is a solid mid-tier school, I was, to be completely honest, a bit disappointed because I feel that my stats and ECs should have gotten me into a school at least in the Top 20. I don't want to give away too much information as to remain anonymous but here is a general breakdown of my stats/app.

3.99 cGPA;4.0 sGPA at HYPSM

526 MCAT

5 publications, 2 of which are first author

Hundreds of hours of shadowing/volunteerwork

Held various leadership positions in multiple clubs

I know that I should be grateful to have even gotten into medical school but I can't help but feel that I somehow slipped through the cracks this past application cycle. I believe that it would be in my best interest to re-apply next cycle so that I can get into a top 10 med school. I hope to pursue an extremely competitive sub-specialty and I know how much medical school prestige affects matching into top residencies. To be completely blunt, I feel like all of my hard work in undergrad would be completely wasted if I took this acceptance.
*sighs* this thread needs to be closed down :wtf:

Closing thread. You know the answer to this OP, in your heart. Go to Case Western, thank them everyday for this wonderful opportunity, and become a physician. Turn them down and risk never practicing medicine.

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.