Should I request preliminary Certiphi report?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Master Thinker

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it still worth paying for the preliminary Certiphi report at this point? I got the AAMC-facilitated Certiphi check email today as all of the schools that accepted/waitlisted me require Certiphi. If I only do the AAMC-facilitated one, will I see a copy of my report before they get sent to schools? I don't have any kind of criminal history but I am concerned about the possibility of there being a mix-up or error.

Members don't see this ad.

even if there is a mix up if you have no history what is your worry if it is easily explainable? I would just chill or pay up if it will help you chill

even if there is a mix up if you have no history what is your worry if it is easily explainable? I would just chill or pay up if it will help you chill
So if there is an error and they find something, will they let applicants know before outright rescinding acceptances?

Is it still worth paying for the preliminary Certiphi report at this point? I got the AAMC-facilitated Certiphi check email today as all of the schools that accepted/waitlisted me require Certiphi. If I only do the AAMC-facilitated one, will I see a copy of my report before they get sent to schools? I don't have any kind of criminal history but I am concerned about the possibility of there being a mix-up or error.

I submitted the AMCAS requested version yesterday and was given the opportunity to review my report today, with a 10 day window to contest any findings, so you do get to review.

Reactions: 1 user