Should I reschedule my boards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shenningdo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please give me advice. I was using UsmleWorld and Kaplan to prep for Comlex II. On USMLEWorld, I was getting 65-70% of the questions right; on Kaplan, I was getting 75-80% of the questions correct. I have read to do COMBANK the week before Comlex II as preparation for poorly written questions, and I am absolutely freaking out. I am varying from 47% right to 68% right, none of which is acceptable for me. What the hell am I doing wrong? Am I going to pass? Should I reschedule?

Members don't see this ad.

You look familiar...

Take the COMSAE, I just took it today. It's the practice test given by NBOME (google it to find it). 200 questions, $50, and there are two exams. They give you a 3 digit score and tell you your strengths and weaknesses.

ps- STOP FREAKING OUT!!!

Hahaha, thanks J. This turned out to be a false alarm of technical difficulties. Yes, moving into a new home never allows for a smooth transition... but all is better now, with scores of 85-90%. I am breathing much better now and am definitely taking the COMSAE; thanks for the advice. It was spot on for Step 1 for me!

I think COMSAE is good for getting an idea of what to expect for the OMT questions and kinda preps you for the poorly written, vague questions, but it was not an accurate score predictor for me (and I'm not the only one b/c I remember a thread about this last year). I took the COMSAE 5 days before I took COMLEX 1 and COMSAE underpredicted my score by greater than 100 points!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think COMSAE is good for getting an idea of what to expect for the OMT questions and kinda preps you for the poorly written, vague questions, but it was not an accurate score predictor for me (and I'm not the only one b/c I remember a thread about this last year). I took the COMSAE 5 days before I took COMLEX 1 and COMSAE underpredicted my score by greater than 100 points!!!

I've heard the opposite is true and people were scoring over 100 pts less on the real exam than their COMSAE. For me, I didn't score high enough on my COMSAE to justify taking the exam. Knowing how vague and crazy these questions are, I probably wouldn't attempt it unless you are well into the 500's. I've heard the real exam is much harder than the COMSAE

I took it yesterday too. But all the reports I've seen here are all on form B09c. However, there have been folks who did extremely well on B09c who have also posted here.

We'll just have to wait and see how we did. Can't change it now! :luck:

I've heard the opposite is true and people were scoring over 100 pts less on the real exam than their COMSAE. For me, I didn't score high enough on my COMSAE to justify taking the exam. Knowing how vague and crazy these questions are, I probably wouldn't attempt it unless you are well into the 500's. I've heard the real exam is much harder than the COMSAE

This was last year for Step 1. As ShyRem mentioned, a certain form seems to be giving lots of people trouble. Then again, there were others that did just fine on b09c so who knows. I did not use COMSAE this year, because it was so crappy for step 1 IMHO.