Should I reschedule my Mcat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Confusedandamused

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took FL2 and I’m not happy with my score. My scores of FLs in order of taking them: FL1:510, sample: ~508, FL3: 515, FL2: 509.

I’m so upset with my drop because I thought I was improving. & im taking the test in a week, it will also be a retake- I got a 504 on the first try so idk if it’s even worth retaking since I have seen no major improvement.

Any advice? I’m kinda thinking to push it back since the jump isn’t high lol if I wasn’t retaking I’d be more than estatic with my score range. And if I do push it back I literally don’t know what resources to use since I’ve used most of AAMC already.

Members don't see this ad.

And if I do push it back I literally don’t know what resources to use since I’ve used most of AAMC already.

What were your FL2 subscores compared to FL3? They're releasing a few more materials in October, more cars and I think another sample test if you do decide to push back.

I just took FL2 and I’m not happy with my score. My scores of FLs in order of taking them: FL1:510, sample: ~508, FL3: 515, FL2: 509.

I’m so upset with my drop because I thought I was improving. & im taking the test in a week, it will also be a retake- I got a 504 on the first try so idk if it’s even worth retaking since I have seen no major improvement.

Any advice? I’m kinda thinking to push it back since the jump isn’t high lol if I wasn’t retaking I’d be more than estatic with my score range. And if I do push it back I literally don’t know what resources to use since I’ve used most of AAMC already.
you didn't use FLs before first take?

Members don't see this ad :)
What were your FL2 subscores compared to FL3? They're releasing a few more materials in October, more cars and I think another sample test if you do decide to push back.

my FL2 was 129/124/128/128 and FL3 was 129/127/129/130.

my FL2 was 129/124/128/128 and FL3 was 129/127/129/130.

I wouldn't hold too much weight on FL3 since you've taken it in the past. You could focus on reviewing FL2 and review any content in B/B, C/P, and P/S, but with having 1 week and then having FL4 to take and review, I don't think that's enough time to review both full-lengths.

How's your timing in cars? Have you finished qpacks 1/2 (did you time yourself)?

If you could take your exam in January, you should. Also not good to stress yourself over reviewing FL when you should take it easier the last few days before the exam.

I wouldn't hold too much weight on FL3 since you've taken it in the past. You could focus on reviewing FL2 and review any content in B/B, C/P, and P/S, but with having 1 week and then having FL4 to take and review, I don't think that's enough time to review both full-lengths.

How's your timing in cars? Have you finished qpacks 1/2 (did you time yourself)?

If you could take your exam in January, you should. Also not good to stress yourself over reviewing FL when you should take it easier the last few days before the exam.
Yeah you’re right I definitely feel stressed for this week cause I still have to do my Qpacks & review my FL2 and do/review FL4. I honestly feel like I need to improve on timing for CARS I had to guess on my last 3 passages. Kind of leaning to just push it back and not do FL4 this week so I at least I have one test I haven’t seen for January.

Reactions: 1 user
I only used fl1, sample, FL3 and that was a year ago so didn’t remember much
You remember more than you realize. 509 is the best measure of where you are now. It doesn't mean you can't do better next week, but this is where you are right now. It IS significantly higher than 504.

I have no idea what your potential is, but don't psych yourself into being upset because your score "dropped." It didn't, because you saw the other material before. You still have FL 4 left, and 509 is perfectly respectable. If you hold out for a score that is beyond your capability, you just might be waiting a very long time.

Last edited:
Kind of leaning to just push it back and not do FL4 this week so I at least I have one test I haven’t seen for January.

That's a good idea, three months is a really good amount of time to improve on CARS timing and see some big improvements overall in the exam.

If you decide to postpone, continue to use whatever you're using for active recall to retain content during that time (quizlet, anki).

One website that was recommended to me for CARS that had been really helpful was (Arts & Letters Daily). There's a lot of philosophical readings that were helpful for learning to maintain focus and practicing comprehension.

Reactions: 1 user